Travellers pitch up on school field
- Credit: Herons Moor Academy Facebook
Travellers have parked up on a Worle school’s playing field overnight, forcing staff to make alternative arrangements for parents dropping their children off.
Herons' Moor Academy, in Highlands Lane, reported that caravans arrived without permission yesterday (Wednesday) evening.
In a Facebook post made last night, a school's spokesman said: "We are working with the Campus and North Somerset Council and other agencies and will review the situation in the morning.
"Additional security patrols have been arranged overnight to risk the risk of further unauthorised entry to the school property.
"Access to school in the morning will be by the car park gates and Bransby Way entrances.
"The gate from the playing field footpath will remain locked."
The unauthorised pitching up of travellers has been a recurring theme for North Somerset Council in recent weeks.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 8 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 9 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 10 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p