Travellers pitch up on school field
- Credit: Herons Moor Academy Facebook
Travellers have parked up on a Worle school’s playing field overnight, forcing staff to make alternative arrangements for parents dropping their children off.
Herons' Moor Academy, in Highlands Lane, reported that caravans arrived without permission yesterday (Wednesday) evening.
In a Facebook post made last night, a school's spokesman said: "We are working with the Campus and North Somerset Council and other agencies and will review the situation in the morning.
"Additional security patrols have been arranged overnight to risk the risk of further unauthorised entry to the school property.
"Access to school in the morning will be by the car park gates and Bransby Way entrances.
You may also want to watch:
"The gate from the playing field footpath will remain locked."
The unauthorised pitching up of travellers has been a recurring theme for North Somerset Council in recent weeks.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 North Somerset Council pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown