Travellers pitch up on school field
- Credit: Herons Moor Academy Facebook
Travellers have parked up on a Worle school’s playing field overnight, forcing staff to make alternative arrangements for parents dropping their children off.
Herons' Moor Academy, in Highlands Lane, reported that caravans arrived without permission yesterday (Wednesday) evening.
In a Facebook post made last night, a school's spokesman said: "We are working with the Campus and North Somerset Council and other agencies and will review the situation in the morning.
"Additional security patrols have been arranged overnight to risk the risk of further unauthorised entry to the school property.
"Access to school in the morning will be by the car park gates and Bransby Way entrances.
You may also want to watch:
"The gate from the playing field footpath will remain locked."
The unauthorised pitching up of travellers has been a recurring theme for North Somerset Council in recent weeks.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision