Council elections underway as polling stations open
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Polling stations have opened this morning (Thursday) for council elections.
Seats on North Somerset Council plus several town and parish councils are up for grabs today.
Voters can mark their ballot papers at polling stations from 7am-10pm.
All wards on North Somerset Council are up for grabs, as well as Weston Town Council.
Elections are also being held for Sedgemoor District Council, Somerset County Council and Yatton Parish Council among others.
Ballot boxes for the North Somerset Council election will be collected and stored overnight.
The votes will be counted from 9.30am tomorrow (Friday) morning at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, in Weston-super-Mare.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
The Mercury will publish results live on the website once they begin to be announced.