Council elections underway as polling stations open
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Polling stations have opened this morning (Thursday) for council elections.
Seats on North Somerset Council plus several town and parish councils are up for grabs today.
Voters can mark their ballot papers at polling stations from 7am-10pm.
All wards on North Somerset Council are up for grabs, as well as Weston Town Council.
Elections are also being held for Sedgemoor District Council, Somerset County Council and Yatton Parish Council among others.
You may also want to watch:
Ballot boxes for the North Somerset Council election will be collected and stored overnight.
The votes will be counted from 9.30am tomorrow (Friday) morning at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, in Weston-super-Mare.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
The Mercury will publish results live on the website once they begin to be announced.