Council elections underway as polling stations open
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Polling stations have opened this morning (Thursday) for council elections.
Seats on North Somerset Council plus several town and parish councils are up for grabs today.
Voters can mark their ballot papers at polling stations from 7am-10pm.
All wards on North Somerset Council are up for grabs, as well as Weston Town Council.
Elections are also being held for Sedgemoor District Council, Somerset County Council and Yatton Parish Council among others.
You may also want to watch:
Ballot boxes for the North Somerset Council election will be collected and stored overnight.
The votes will be counted from 9.30am tomorrow (Friday) morning at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, in Weston-super-Mare.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
The Mercury will publish results live on the website once they begin to be announced.