Council elections underway as polling stations open
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Polling stations have opened this morning (Thursday) for council elections.
Seats on North Somerset Council plus several town and parish councils are up for grabs today.
Voters can mark their ballot papers at polling stations from 7am-10pm.
All wards on North Somerset Council are up for grabs, as well as Weston Town Council.
Elections are also being held for Sedgemoor District Council, Somerset County Council and Yatton Parish Council among others.
Ballot boxes for the North Somerset Council election will be collected and stored overnight.
The votes will be counted from 9.30am tomorrow (Friday) morning at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, in Weston-super-Mare.
- 1 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 4 Vegan cafe opens in Grove Park
- 5 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 6 Rail workers stage walkout in Weston for better working conditions and job security
- 7 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 8 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 9 COUNCIL COLUMN: 'Creating the best communities we can...'
- 10 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
The Mercury will publish results live on the website once they begin to be announced.