Council elections underway as polling stations open
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Polling stations have opened this morning (Thursday) for council elections.
Seats on North Somerset Council plus several town and parish councils are up for grabs today.
Voters can mark their ballot papers at polling stations from 7am-10pm.
All wards on North Somerset Council are up for grabs, as well as Weston Town Council.
Elections are also being held for Sedgemoor District Council, Somerset County Council and Yatton Parish Council among others.
You may also want to watch:
Ballot boxes for the North Somerset Council election will be collected and stored overnight.
The votes will be counted from 9.30am tomorrow (Friday) morning at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, in Weston-super-Mare.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
The Mercury will publish results live on the website once they begin to be announced.