Weston to celebrate Christmas light switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare’s Christmas lights will illuminate the town this Saturday night.
Weston Town Council has invested in a new star-themed festive display this year and the lights will be switched on at 5pm in the Italian Gardens.
The mayor Mark Canniford has opted for a traditional celebration this year to mark the countdown to Christmas, with mulled wine, mince pies and music from Weston Brass band.
Cllr Canniford said: "I have asked for the Christmas light switch-on to be a more traditional affair as we do lose Christmas in the whirl of the festive period.
"I wanted it to be far more inclusive and will be asking everyone to join me for a cup of mulled wine to toast the start of the Christmas season.
You may also want to watch:
"Please come along and enjoy the company of Weston Brass, see you there."
There will be more lights than ever this year covering a greater area of the town, including Orchard Street for the first time in many years.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 6 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 7 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 8 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man jailed for knife possession offence