VIDEO: Weston Pride begins with High Street parade
- Credit: Archant
Weston Pride kicked off in an explosion of colour this morning (Saturday).
The two-day festival this weekend is celebrating equal rights for the LGBT community and began with processions through the High Street and along the seafront in Weston-super-Mare.
The main action today and tomorrow though is taking place at Grove Park, with a plethora of acts to suit all tastes lined up to keep the bumper crowd entertained.
Amelia Lily and Weston favourites The Lipinski Brothers are among the artist's on the bill today.
Stands selling food, drink and official Pride merchandise are also set up to make sure there are plenty of goodies for people to get their hands on throughout the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
And Pride organisers have tried to improve the event's sustainability by reducing the amount of waste created through introducing environmental impact.
Tickets, priced £3-9, are available to buy online by logging on to www.wsmpride.com
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset