VIDEO: Weston Pride begins with High Street parade
- Credit: Archant
Weston Pride kicked off in an explosion of colour this morning (Saturday).
The two-day festival this weekend is celebrating equal rights for the LGBT community and began with processions through the High Street and along the seafront in Weston-super-Mare.
The main action today and tomorrow though is taking place at Grove Park, with a plethora of acts to suit all tastes lined up to keep the bumper crowd entertained.
Amelia Lily and Weston favourites The Lipinski Brothers are among the artist's on the bill today.
Stands selling food, drink and official Pride merchandise are also set up to make sure there are plenty of goodies for people to get their hands on throughout the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
And Pride organisers have tried to improve the event's sustainability by reducing the amount of waste created through introducing environmental impact.
Tickets, priced £3-9, are available to buy online by logging on to www.wsmpride.com
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 6 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters
- 9 John Crockford-Hawley column: Rigged art will put Weston on the map
- 10 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster