VIDEO: Weston Pride begins with High Street parade
- Credit: Archant
Weston Pride kicked off in an explosion of colour this morning (Saturday).
The two-day festival this weekend is celebrating equal rights for the LGBT community and began with processions through the High Street and along the seafront in Weston-super-Mare.
The main action today and tomorrow though is taking place at Grove Park, with a plethora of acts to suit all tastes lined up to keep the bumper crowd entertained.
Amelia Lily and Weston favourites The Lipinski Brothers are among the artist's on the bill today.
Stands selling food, drink and official Pride merchandise are also set up to make sure there are plenty of goodies for people to get their hands on throughout the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
And Pride organisers have tried to improve the event's sustainability by reducing the amount of waste created through introducing environmental impact.
Tickets, priced £3-9, are available to buy online by logging on to www.wsmpride.com
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers