Weston singers perform with G4 on Christmas tour
- Credit: Archant
Budding stars from a performing arts school in Weston-super-Mare sang with vocal quartet G4 at a concert in Wells Cathedral.
Students from Pauline Quirke Academy of Performing Arts (PQA) were invited to perform with the multi-platinum selling group as part of their Christmas tour.
G4, who finished second on ITV's The X Factor in 2004, are visiting more than 20 cathedrals around the country this November and December.
Weston singers joined quartet for festive numbers including O Holy Night, Silent Night and Walking in the Air. They also performed two of their own songs, Sleigh Ride and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.
Lydia MacRitchie, principal at PQA Weston, said: "We are delighted that our students have been asked to perform alongside G4 at Wells Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a privilege to perform at such a magnificent cathedral and to accompany the amazing quartet, G4.
"It was a truly memorable evening."
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 9 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards