Weston singers perform with G4 on Christmas tour
- Credit: Archant
Budding stars from a performing arts school in Weston-super-Mare sang with vocal quartet G4 at a concert in Wells Cathedral.
Students from Pauline Quirke Academy of Performing Arts (PQA) were invited to perform with the multi-platinum selling group as part of their Christmas tour.
G4, who finished second on ITV's The X Factor in 2004, are visiting more than 20 cathedrals around the country this November and December.
Weston singers joined quartet for festive numbers including O Holy Night, Silent Night and Walking in the Air. They also performed two of their own songs, Sleigh Ride and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.
Lydia MacRitchie, principal at PQA Weston, said: "We are delighted that our students have been asked to perform alongside G4 at Wells Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a privilege to perform at such a magnificent cathedral and to accompany the amazing quartet, G4.
"It was a truly memorable evening."
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism