Calls for station bridge roof to be installed
- Credit: Archant
A roof to cover the bridge at Yatton Railway Station has been named as one of the priorities for the village this year.
Yatton Parish Council's amenities and properties committee has this month met for the first time since May's election and drawn up a list of projects it wishes to see progress, subject to budgetary constraints.
The bridge which connects the platforms has metal supports still in place, but has been without a roof for years.
Another big project councillors wish to further over the next 12 months is a new cemetery.
The graveyard at St Mary's Church is closed, while the burial ground off Rectory Way is also filling up.
You may also want to watch:
Plans for a new one at Mendip Road have rumbled on for years, with drainage complications and costs a factor.
Other priorities include providing a path link from Hangstones Pavilion car park to the circular path, a village entrance sign at Moor Road and planting fruit trees.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 5 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'