New date for hospice’s Strictly Fun Dancing fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A new date has been set for Weston Hospicecare’s glamourous Strictly Fun Dancing event.
The fundraiser, which was due to take place in March, will be held at the Winter Gardens on November 6.
The couples had already begun training for the contest before the lockdown, so the hospice was keen to set up a new date.
Weston Hospicecare’s events manager Grace Dibden said: “We were very sad to postpone Strictly Fun Dancing in March.
“Firstly, for the fantastic dancers who had been training so hard since the start of the year to give us all a great night of dancing. But also because it was expected to bring in more than £20,000 for the hospice.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets sent out for the original 2020 date will be valid for the rearranged date in early November.
Meanwhile, the hospice is also planning for 2021’s date which will follow next spring.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 7 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 8 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
Those interested in dancing next year are asked to make contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org