New date for hospice’s Strictly Fun Dancing fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A new date has been set for Weston Hospicecare’s glamourous Strictly Fun Dancing event.
The fundraiser, which was due to take place in March, will be held at the Winter Gardens on November 6.
The couples had already begun training for the contest before the lockdown, so the hospice was keen to set up a new date.
Weston Hospicecare’s events manager Grace Dibden said: “We were very sad to postpone Strictly Fun Dancing in March.
“Firstly, for the fantastic dancers who had been training so hard since the start of the year to give us all a great night of dancing. But also because it was expected to bring in more than £20,000 for the hospice.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets sent out for the original 2020 date will be valid for the rearranged date in early November.
Meanwhile, the hospice is also planning for 2021’s date which will follow next spring.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
Those interested in dancing next year are asked to make contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org