New date for hospice’s Strictly Fun Dancing fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A new date has been set for Weston Hospicecare’s glamourous Strictly Fun Dancing event.
The fundraiser, which was due to take place in March, will be held at the Winter Gardens on November 6.
The couples had already begun training for the contest before the lockdown, so the hospice was keen to set up a new date.
Weston Hospicecare’s events manager Grace Dibden said: “We were very sad to postpone Strictly Fun Dancing in March.
“Firstly, for the fantastic dancers who had been training so hard since the start of the year to give us all a great night of dancing. But also because it was expected to bring in more than £20,000 for the hospice.”
Tickets sent out for the original 2020 date will be valid for the rearranged date in early November.
Meanwhile, the hospice is also planning for 2021’s date which will follow next spring.
- 1 Homes evacuated as armed police and negotiators brought in at Weston incident
- 2 Turnock Gardens siege: What we know so far
- 3 'Pyrotechnic device' thrown at officers before Weston siege, police say
- 4 Sainsbury's propose 9,000 sq.ft North Somerset store
- 5 Dog found in hedge now looking for forever home
- 6 Fatal crash on the M5 leads to delays for drivers
- 7 Weston-born man killed in sickle attack in Thailand
- 8 Plan for 70 new homes on edge of Worle revealed
- 9 Council releases correction on Cheddar festival licencing
- 10 Belvedere returns home as latest Helicopter Museum exhibit
Those interested in dancing next year are asked to make contact by emailing email@example.com