New date for hospice’s Strictly Fun Dancing fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A new date has been set for Weston Hospicecare’s glamourous Strictly Fun Dancing event.
The fundraiser, which was due to take place in March, will be held at the Winter Gardens on November 6.
The couples had already begun training for the contest before the lockdown, so the hospice was keen to set up a new date.
Weston Hospicecare’s events manager Grace Dibden said: “We were very sad to postpone Strictly Fun Dancing in March.
“Firstly, for the fantastic dancers who had been training so hard since the start of the year to give us all a great night of dancing. But also because it was expected to bring in more than £20,000 for the hospice.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets sent out for the original 2020 date will be valid for the rearranged date in early November.
Meanwhile, the hospice is also planning for 2021’s date which will follow next spring.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
Those interested in dancing next year are asked to make contact by emailing email@example.com