International chain to vacate High Street
- Credit: Archant
Another High Street store will close its doors in Weston town centre.
Toni&Guy has been operating from its High Street store for 18 years.
The hair salon opened in 2001 but will close on June 12, leaving nine staff redundant.
It is the latest shop to close after anchor unit Marks & Spencer vacated the High Street in April and Carphone Warehouse shut down on May 15 after its lease expired.
Some staff members will move on to Cabellos, which will open on June 19 in Baker Street.
An employee, who did not want to be named publicly, told the Mercury: "It is hard to take and we, like the customers, are shocked and upset."
A Toni&Guy spokesman said: "After 18 years Toni&Guy Weston will be closing its doors for the last time on June 12.
"Thank you to all that have supported the salon during this time.
- 1 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 2 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 3 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 4 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 5 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 9 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 10 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
"Your nearest Toni&Guy in Bristol looks forward to receiving you."