International chain to vacate High Street
- Credit: Archant
Another High Street store will close its doors in Weston town centre.
Toni&Guy has been operating from its High Street store for 18 years.
The hair salon opened in 2001 but will close on June 12, leaving nine staff redundant.
It is the latest shop to close after anchor unit Marks & Spencer vacated the High Street in April and Carphone Warehouse shut down on May 15 after its lease expired.
Some staff members will move on to Cabellos, which will open on June 19 in Baker Street.
An employee, who did not want to be named publicly, told the Mercury: "It is hard to take and we, like the customers, are shocked and upset."
You may also want to watch:
A Toni&Guy spokesman said: "After 18 years Toni&Guy Weston will be closing its doors for the last time on June 12.
"Thank you to all that have supported the salon during this time.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street
"Your nearest Toni&Guy in Bristol looks forward to receiving you."