International chain to vacate High Street
- Credit: Archant
Another High Street store will close its doors in Weston town centre.
Toni&Guy has been operating from its High Street store for 18 years.
The hair salon opened in 2001 but will close on June 12, leaving nine staff redundant.
It is the latest shop to close after anchor unit Marks & Spencer vacated the High Street in April and Carphone Warehouse shut down on May 15 after its lease expired.
Some staff members will move on to Cabellos, which will open on June 19 in Baker Street.
An employee, who did not want to be named publicly, told the Mercury: "It is hard to take and we, like the customers, are shocked and upset."
You may also want to watch:
A Toni&Guy spokesman said: "After 18 years Toni&Guy Weston will be closing its doors for the last time on June 12.
"Thank you to all that have supported the salon during this time.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 4 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 9 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 10 Jon Sevink from The Levellers to perform in Weston park
"Your nearest Toni&Guy in Bristol looks forward to receiving you."