IN PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend a huge success
- Credit: email@example.com
Rain did not deter people from enjoying an incredible weekend of air displays and ground entertainment.
The sun shone on the opening day of the Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend which saw thousands of people visit the town to see the RAF Chinook Display Team, The Battle of Great Britain Display Team and the Strikemaster.
The Sunday's wet weather saw the RAF Red Arrows curtail their display due to low cloud levels and safety but a good time was still had by those who attended.
North Somerset Council spokesman Paul Hillman said the 'incredible weekend' was a booming success and it was 'an honour' to welcome the Red Arrows to Weston once again.
In the arena, the Re:ACT Musical Theatre Company performed to the crowd as well as the Red Barrows, HM Royal Marines Band Plymouth and Weston Brass.
You may also want to watch:
**Pick up a copy of this week's Mercury for more pictures.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab