Woman charged after robbery of 88-year-old in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old woman has been charged after an 88-year-old woman was robbed in Weston-super-Mare.
Police have charged Rosanna Sonia Cooper today (Tuesday) after the incident in Colonel Stephens Way on January 10.
Cooper, of no fixed address, has been charged with one count of robbery and one count of fraud by false representation.
The victim suffered a broken nose, a fractured wrist and severe bruising after she was robbed in the middle of the day.
Last week, the family of the pensioner thanked the public for their support.
Police branded the crime ‘despicable’ and released shocking images of the victim to appeal for information.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Matthew Stevenson, from Avon and Somerset Constabulary, said at the time: “I’m sure these images will shock people who will be horrified someone can target a vulnerable elderly woman in such a way.”
Cooper is due to appear at Bristol Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Wednesday).
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse