Woman charged after robbery of 88-year-old in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old woman has been charged after an 88-year-old woman was robbed in Weston-super-Mare.
Police have charged Rosanna Sonia Cooper today (Tuesday) after the incident in Colonel Stephens Way on January 10.
Cooper, of no fixed address, has been charged with one count of robbery and one count of fraud by false representation.
The victim suffered a broken nose, a fractured wrist and severe bruising after she was robbed in the middle of the day.
Last week, the family of the pensioner thanked the public for their support.
Police branded the crime ‘despicable’ and released shocking images of the victim to appeal for information.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Matthew Stevenson, from Avon and Somerset Constabulary, said at the time: “I’m sure these images will shock people who will be horrified someone can target a vulnerable elderly woman in such a way.”
Cooper is due to appear at Bristol Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Wednesday).
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic