Woman charged after robbery of 88-year-old in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old woman has been charged after an 88-year-old woman was robbed in Weston-super-Mare.
Police have charged Rosanna Sonia Cooper today (Tuesday) after the incident in Colonel Stephens Way on January 10.
Cooper, of no fixed address, has been charged with one count of robbery and one count of fraud by false representation.
The victim suffered a broken nose, a fractured wrist and severe bruising after she was robbed in the middle of the day.
Last week, the family of the pensioner thanked the public for their support.
Police branded the crime ‘despicable’ and released shocking images of the victim to appeal for information.
Detective Constable Matthew Stevenson, from Avon and Somerset Constabulary, said at the time: “I’m sure these images will shock people who will be horrified someone can target a vulnerable elderly woman in such a way.”
Cooper is due to appear at Bristol Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Wednesday).
- 1 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend